Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Changes and Changes

Where to begin. It's been, well, forever. I've meant to update, but how can I find the right way to describe everything in the past few months. Well, I have an idea. It all started with an idea, that would work...only to fail.

For Lent, I had every intention to get 40 ideas from 40 people for paintings, I'd do one small 5 in by 5 in painting each day. Quite Ambitious. Quite a failure. However, I did not get 40 ideas, and I barely started any, and honestly, I'm sure many have forgotten... until now. But let me explain. The reason for the project was to encourage me to paint and develop an idea for a potential portfolio for Grad School. Amidst this, I had a realization. As much as I love painting, I held a deeper passion waiting to bloom, and I only needed a confirmation---- I wanted to continue printmaking, better yet, I wanted to learn more about printmaking.

I have started printmaking again. I do not mean to ever give up painting, I intend to use both in a future portfolio for grad school, and also, printmaking has helped me to develop ideas for paintings. I now feel very sure about my decision, and thus abandoned the painting project to follow this other idea of my heart. The project was meant to help me find passion, and in some way it did---it led me to realize this.

I have no clue when I'll go to school. No idea where. I'm terrified of this new path... but something feels right. And I have to follow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment