Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

An Introduction

The name is Jessica and the passion is art. As a senior art major, I must develop a body of work throughout the course of this final year and display it in April for all to see. In addition to that, I will be placed in a room with the art department and be questioned about my work and my presentation, and from this will be determined if I graduate or not.

Until then, I have a lot of work to do, including taking Comps, comprehensive exam, in art history as part of the requirement, do my work for my other classes which at the moment includes philosophy, modern art, and printmaking, the latter two I am excited and relate to everything I love to do. The first, I do not like whatsoever. However, it is my last core course as my school requires 3 philosophy courses. At least, my time now is mostly focused on art, I can write and learn about it's history, continue printmaking and hopefully use  the works in my show, and just paint my heart.


A week and half of classes have gone by. My goals from now til the last week of October, where there will be a senior show and a senior review, are to complete 4-5 paintings, 2 prints, and most of my modern art paper. I have to fit philosophy in there too, it will all get done though.

This is my life.
You are more than welcome to observe.

Love, hope, and faith,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment